Saturday, September 13, 2008

Kanye VS paparazzi

I'm not posting this to point out Kanye.  I'm posting this because I think it's ridiculous what our society has come to... we have created this.  Why are people so obsessed with celebrities?  Don't you have better things to do with your life than check TMZ and all the celeb gossip BS?  Many people have problems with setting their priorities I think.  It's only because of the public's obsession with celebrities that we live in a paparazzi crazy world.  These artists do what they're passionate about.  That's why they are good.  And that's why you love their work.  But this after effect where they cannot walk down the streets in peace is a problem.  What this society created is going to have some artist dislike this 'artist' world.  Can't we just let them create and leave them alone?!  That way, they can be free to create even more... they wouldn't have to worry about always having their picture taken... how can we get back to a world where it is ok to do what we love as artists without being punished afterwards from our success?!  There is something really wrong here.  

I see all these upcoming amazing artist... and I know they are going to make it big... and I'm so happy that they are pushing, doing their thing and that it's working.  But then I think about how it is going to be for them when they get huge... and it takes away from the excitement of being successful... 

We have to change this mentality...

No comments: