Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Wale, UCB, Blu & Exile show - Part 1

So as I mentioned in a previous post, Sunday night's show at SOB's was off the chain!  Yes, again, my pics aren't the best... I'll try to steal some more from someone!  But really, no picture can show the energy that was on that stage!  Everyone was there... it was wild.  It was Mickey Factz birthday too... Happy B-day Mickey!

A.O.K Collective rocking on stage... I love these guys... check them out!

There were sound problems throughout the night... isn't that why LIVE is so amazing?!  So Che Grand got on stage, and they couldn't play his beats.  So this bloke from London jumps on stage and starts beatboxing for him to spit some lines.... Che Grand was still upset that he didn't get his beats (with reason)... but I thought it was awesome!

Blu & Exile were great!  Exile started by playing some beats for Che Grand who got a little more stage time.  Then Blu jumped in with his amazing story telling... I love this guy... Exile also took some time to demonstrate his crazy scratching skills... I'm going to say WOW to that one!

What?! Skillz comes up with who?  DJ Jazzy Jeff (far right) and Talib Kweli jumps in on the second song (middle)... I know we can't see anything in this picture... but imagine all three together... wild!

And then, Wale killes it by doing all his songs with the go-go band UCB... dark lighting, full instrumental band, all remixed to go-go beats... blew my mind... I think I might be in love!

Host for the night was Sucio Smash (right)... wearing the Emperial Nation VS Brooklyn Bodega tee.  Again... thanks for the love... you know I only have love for you!  Yeah, that's Mr. Hackey on the left... 

No comments: